If Shigsy granted you five wishes...


Hello again folks!

Where were we, again? It was something about the upcoming miniscule version of Super Nintendo, pre-loaded with a bunch of the dearest 16-bit classics. Sigh... That's one sweet daydream. But I think we can top that. ;o)



Imagine you met Shigeru Miyamoto, the legendary game designer and genie, and he said "I see you have the heart of a child. Here, I will grant you three wishes, and one extra wish for good luck."


You: "Ermm, I was going to ask you for an autograph, but it can wait! Let me think for a moment. Hmm, see, I sometimes have this dream that I could go back in time, make quick pops into my childhood, re-live these snippets of my life that I still remember so vividly. I know it sounds silly, but maybe if I could just play Metroid again, the first one... Crouched near the small screen, almost feeling the cold of the frightening mazes in the back of my neck. Is that a stupid thing to ask?"


Miyamoto: "No, good friend, of course not. You can have that, and all the other NES classics, too. Castlevanias are also very good adventures, and some people like the Mega Mans very much. But speaking of Metroid, would you like to play the Metroid II as well? It was a game for the Game Boy system, though, so maybe you..."

You: "Yes, please! And the second wish... ? Yes, my SECOND wish is that, well, my Super Nintendo burnt a circuit or two a long time ago, so I'd love to play all those games again. Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World, they had the best music... And Mario has never been better, never, I say! Link to the Past was the first great Zelda, and still looks and sounds just so nice. And it's got Super Metroid - my legs are shaking already!"


Miyamoto: "Okay, I will give you all the best Super Nintendo games as well. I hope you will like them."

You: "I will. But actually some of my fondest Nintendo memories are quite recent. Not too many years ago, on the DS handheld, I found Chrono Trigger, which we never knew about when we were kids. I want to finish that, I want to see how it ends and what happens to the characters, they felt like real, actual imaginary friends (even Wobboe). And there were so many exciting new games as well, like the weird (and numerous) Professor Laytons, Ghost Trick and Infinite Space, those were out there. Radiant Historia, Fire Emblems and the trusty Zeldas were familiar favourites. Can I play them, too?"

Miyamoto: "A wish is a wish."

You: "But really, if I'm being completely honest, the best game that I know is still the Ocarina of Time. The times that I set the alarm for 4 o'clock in the morning just so I could play it before my parents woke up, cowered under a heavy blanket and the living room lit only by the christmas tree lights. Although, well, I feel like an idiot for missing Majora's Mask..."

Miyamoto: "If you'd like, I will give you both, does that sound good?"

You: "This is too good to be true, thank you, Mr. Miyamoto. *sniffles*"


Miyamoto: "Well, I think I will now create the perfect Nintendo experience for y..."

You: "Hey, listen! I forgot... I want to play them on a handheld device so I can take it with me on trips to the country and if it had a hinge it would be more comfortable and it should be rather inexpensive aaaand I want to play the latest 3DS games as well. I want to get with the times. I'm a cool kid like that, I think."

Miyamoto: "Hohoho! You're a funny fellow. Now, give me two months and I will present you exactly what you wished for. Good bye!"

*sound of disappearance*

And that, I suspect, will be the New Nintendo 2DS XL. :o)



All the best,
Janne

Comments

  1. Gasp... This means... That I must get one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...now I know what I'll be doing this summer...:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see such enthusiasm!!

    If I didn't already have so many PC and Nintendo DS (and Metroid Prime Echoes on Gamecube) games waiting in my library, I would probably be getting one of these with my brother this year already... But I'm really excited just to know that the option is there. Eventually, I'll cave in - that's my plan. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment